We’ve seen that one of the first times when people become interested in going green is when they stop and think of the products they want to put on their body: shampoos, make up, cremes, body wash, toothpaste.
Let admit it, even of someone convinces you that having poisons chemicals in your household cleaning supplies is ok, it will be pretty hard to believe that it’s ok to put any kind of harmful chemical onto your body.
As we learned from school, skin is the biggest organ we have and everything we put on it seeps through and into our blood stream. If you have a choice, why not use products that have only natural, good for your ingredients?
With everything that’s available online and in stores today there is no excuse to poison your body, no matter how wonderful the product claims to be.
We searched far and wide and here are the natural alternatives we’ve found to take care of your body.
- JuiceBeauty’s STEM CELLULAR Instant Eye Lift Algae Mask
- JuiceBeauty’s GREEN APPLE Brightening Eye Cream
- Alba Botanica GOOD & HEALTHY oil-free radiance cream
- Alba Botanica GOOD & HEALTHY spots be gone corrector daily moisturizer
- Burt’s Bees Brightening Daily Facial Cleanser
- Burt’s Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes with Cotton Extract
- Alba Botanica HAWAIIAN COCKTAIL BODY WASH creamy piña colada
- Juice Beauty GREEN APPLE Mousse Hand & Body Cleanser
- Lavanila The Healthy Body Wash 2-in-1 Vanilla Passion Fruit
- Burt’s Bees Natural Skin Care for Men Body Wash
- Alba Botanica VERY EMOLLIENT SUNSCREEN active kids clear spray spf 50
- Juice Beauty SPF 30 Sport Sunscreen
- Lavanila The Healthy SunScreen Face Cream SPF 40
- Burt’s Bees Aloe & Linden Flower After Sun Soother
As you can see, there are plenty of offerings on the market for the products that are good for you, good for nature, smell amazingly and not to hard on your wallet.
Make a smart choice and next time you are shopping for personal care product, pick one of the eco-firnedly, green beauty products.
One of the tasks that everyone is faced with sooner or later is cleaning the house.
Often, cleaning bathroom and kitchen involves use of harsh chemicals. These harsh chemicals end up on your skin, get airated and make way into your lungs, may get into your eyes.
Even if you clean the surfaces after you use harsh chemicals, the residuals can make their way into your food.
Why put yourself in this danger, when there are green alternatives to these solutions?
Here are the alternatives we’ve located.
Dish washing solutions:
- Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid – use it to wash dishes by hand
- Seventh Generation Natural Dishwasher Detergent Packs – use it to wash dishes in your dishwasher
- Seventh Generation Natural Dishwasher Detergent Gel – use it to wash dishes in your dishwasher
- Seventh Generation Rinse Aid
- Ecover – Dishwashing Liquid, Grapefruit & Green Tea
- Earth Friendly Products – Wave Auto Dishwasher Gel, Free & Clear
- Nice! – Dishwasher Packs Single Dose Detergent
Bathroom cleaning solutions:
- Seventh Generation Tub & Tile Natural Cleaner
- Seventh Generation Toilet Bowl Natural Cleaner
- Seventh Generation Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner
- biokleen Bac-Out Bathroom Cleaner, Lavender Lime
- Eco-Me Phil Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Ecover Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Pine Fresh
- Seventh Generation Natural 4X Concentrated Laundry Detergent
- biokleen Free & Clear Laundry Liquid
- Planet Ultra Powdered Laundry Detergent, Hypo-Allergenic
- Sun & Earth Laundry Detergent, Light Citrus
- Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Bleach, Free & Clear
- Ecover Non-Chlorine Bleach Liquid
- Nature Clean Oxygen Bleach
- Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda Detergent Booster & Household Cleaner
- biokleen Oxygen Bleach Plus
- GrabGreen Bleach Alternative Pods
- Seventh Generation Glass & Surface Natural Cleaner
- Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Wipes
- Citra-Solv Citra Clear Window & Glass Cleaner
- Bon Ami Powder Cleanser
- Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds Liquid Cleaner
- biokleen All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate
- Earth Friendly Products Orange Plus All Purpose Everyday Cleaner
And the list wouldn’t be complete if we haven’t mentioned cleaning solutions you can make yourself from natural ingredients.
Have these on hand at your house and you’ll be ready for anything.
- Vinegar – use to clean windows, brighten up laundry, freshen up your sink
- Baking soda – use to clean surfaces in the bathroom, clean up tea and coffee stains, freshen up your disposer
- Lemon – use to freshen up your disposer and trashcan, clean brass
- Borax – use to boost your laundry cleaner, surface cleaning in the bathroom
- Hydrogen peroxide – use to bleach and disinfect
- Rubbing alcohol – use to get streak-free glass and mirrors, disinfect
Check out this article for a variety of home-made natural cleaning solutions.